Friday, June 27, 2008

UGH!! I can't breath...

I'm sure you have heard on the news about all the fires burning in the county I live in.After the last 2 hugh fires, we had lightning strikes that started a bunch more. The Concow area and some of Magalia have been evacuated. There also fires by Redding and that area but I only follow the ones in my immediate area.
The fires did bring the Governor to Chico. Before he left he said, "I'LL BE BACK" (No.. just kidding, but he did come here.)
The air is so full of smoke! It has been like that for some time. No blue skies, just grey. The air quality is so bad they have ask everyone to stay inside as much as possible and to run their air conditioners. All outdoor sports activities have been cancelled. Your eyes burn, the sun has a strange look mostly because it is covered by smoke. Every thing outside has the smell of smoke, even the pool water!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

DITO!!" UGH!! I can't breath"
The smoke in my back yard is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Spent most of today under Howard's oxgan mask. Will be glad when the fire's are all out and we get some fresh air moving.
Sorry Evelyn and I missed you yesterday when we were in Chico. Did'nt leave the doctors office until around 11:00. Good news is I'm only 50 to 60% blocked and won't be needing that ream job at this time, lol. praise God!!
PS. You did a fantastic job, your house and yard look great.

CATHY said...

Is it any better today, Sunday? We drove up to our daughters Friday, over in the Napa Valley, could not see the mountain range that is usually in view. Today, on our way home, things looked a lot clearer. Even here at home there was blue skies. Just wondering if it is getting any better there????