Saturday, June 14, 2008

More on the FIRE


52 homes were destroyed in the fire and 1 fatality.
We opened our home to friends who had to evacuate. The kids home was now in a safe area, so they left late after noon. We currently have only one evacuee, who should be returning home today. The fire is 20 percent contained. At least the winds have calmed down.
This picture was taken on the 2nd day of the fire. I took the picture from my driveway. The winds had kept all the smoke away from our home, but now we can smell it.
My brother Steve was also evacuated yesterday. (He had bought our parents house) It was a new fire in Oroville. All of you who know me, also knows that there is only one road out from the house I grew up in. He had 5 horses, chickens, rabbits,dogs and a cat to get to safety. I think he lost one dog to heat stroke.This is all so sad! Keep the prayers coming.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember your parents home. I hope that your brother is doing okay. How sad to lose an animal to such devastation. Where did he take the animals to?
I am praying that they get this under control.
Last night, when I went outside, the moon had a yellow tint to it. So sad.

CATHY said...

that first comment is from me, Ryan is here visiting for father's day and was on my computer.

It won't be long said...

Well, I just learned of the fire. Haven't been listening to too much news lately. I remember Paradise was nearly "lost" before to a fire probably 40 yrs ago. It's a tinder box. And your folk's place. Yep, just the one road in/out.Way too bad.
Nathan plans to fight fire again this summer for a private fire co. please keep him in your prayers. He has the hero syndrome.
I'm sorry for all that suffered loss from the fires. Fire is devistating. Remember our bedroom fire on 5th ave.?