Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Ahh... yes, I'm having a margarita! Before I tell you the lastest goings on, I want to share a funny story ...about margaritas......
It was a couple years ago, a hot summer day and I had just gotten off work. (I work 7 days a week, July thru Oct.) A month earlier at a neighborhood pot luck I had ended up with a bottle of margarita mix in my bag of left over food.(We don't drink)
It had been a bad day at work so I decided to float around in the pool. I saw the bottle of Jose Cuervo Margarita mix in the pantry and decided to make one. A first for me I might add. It tasted really good and after I drank it while floating in the pool, I was so relaxed!!! Well, the next day I made another one and went out to the pool. I again felt so relaxed which i attributed to the buzz I was feeling. I was feeling naughty and started to make one more when something on the lable of the mix caught my eye....CONTAINS NO ALCOHOL... Boy, what a placebo that turned out to be.

Ahh...yes I'm having a placebo now. It had been a busy week. Bob's brother Thom and his wife came to visit for a couple days. They live in Mt.Vernon, WA. Thom showed me how to add pics to my blog. He has a great sence of humor and his wife is quick to giggle which became contages. It was a nice visit. They had margaritas while here so I'm using the mix they left behind.
I had my gr.daughter, Mallorie over for the night, then babysat all 3 gr.kids today at their house. They are so full of energy...they even had Grandma jumping on the trampoline!

1 comment:

CATHY said...

That is too funny. Placebo huh...that is my kind of drink. Sounds like you are really enjoying that pool. I remember how hot it gets up that way. You definately need cool water when you are not near the Feather river.
Helen was bugging me to get you going on adding pics, glad to see you got some great help, not that I would have minded helping. I am still trying to figure out how to add videos. So, if you have any insite, pass it along.