Friday, October 24, 2008

In God's hands

My surgery went well. The doctor said all the things that could have gone wrong, didn't. I was admitted to the Paradise hospital at 9:30am, taken to surgery at 11, in recovery at 12:15 and arrived home at 3 that afternoon (minus a gall bladder).
I was so afraid to be "put out" for surgery. I remember thinking of Helen's famous words to me from high school, "DON'T WORRY SHIRLEY!" But still I did.
My surgeon came to see me before I was "put out" and in a calming voice said, "You know you are in God's hands." He was so RIGHT!
I haven't done anything to blog about but now I'm ready to do something fun.

4 comments:

It won't be long said...

I'm glad that surgery went well for you. I so understand the not feeling comortable with anesthesia. Cathy had that fear when she had her C/S babies.
Now that you aren't working, I'm looking forward to your blogging!!!
oh, Don't worry, Shirley!!! :-)
Love you.

CATHY said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well. I have a real fear of being put under...your right tho...I need to remember I am in the hands of God not the anesthesiologist.
Okay, we are ready for more pics from you.

Marilyn said...

So glad your surgery went good. Still can't believe that your up and about.In the olden days it took two weeks to recupe. Take it easy for a few more days at least than cut loose and have that fun you talked about. See ya saturday,lots of love, sister M

It won't be long said...

I'm waiting for some new pics!! With all your down time, you'd think there would be tons. H