Wednesday, September 17, 2008

As you know, I've haven't written since my heavy work schedule started July 7th.
Every day is Monday when you work 7 days a week. I am up at 3:30 and on the road for the 30 min. drive to work by 4:15. I do enjoy what I do. My shift is 8.5 hrs a day and fast paced. Before I know it...my shift is over and I'm driving home.
I do miss out on a lot of summer fun. I was having play dates twice a week with the grand kids after work until they started back to school. School starting was a good thing. I was showing signs of fatigue trying to keep up with all their energy.
I am known as a clean freak. I love keeping my home in order. But that changes when I'm working these hours. Bob helps me by doing the house work.( A man's idea of clean is not the same as a woman) As the season pushes on, I come home from work, smile and say "Good enough!"
When we slow to 6 days a week, it almost feels like part time! LOOKING forward to the end. Another reason for not writing is there's nothing to write about. I go to work, come home, go to work, come home. yada...yada...yada...

7 comments:

CATHY said...

I don't envy your schedule but seasonal work sounds great to me. When will you finish this hectic schedule?
I wish I was known as a clean freak, I am known as the world's biggest procrastinator. Although, I keep my house picked up, she not spotless. Will do that when I get to retire...if that day ever comes.

CATHY said...

She not spotless....oops...just not spotless.

It won't be long said...

Hi, Well, I'm finally off work for a few days. I know you've called. I'm nnot ignoring you, just been busy myself.
I won't be able to make it down for our sleep over. Have some things piling up on me. Time and money.
I'll give you a call soon. When's the best time to call you? Dawn

Jesea G said...

Cathy and Dawn,
My busy work season should end around Oct. 3rd. I'm counting the days.
I had a sinus infection a couple week ago. The doc had me on antibiotics and a cough sypup. I skipped the cough syrup since I still had to work. I was miserable. I went back to the doc since I still had congestion and he gave me Singulair, Allegra-D and Advair (inhalation powder). After 4 days of that, I was so jittery. I could not stand that feeling any longer. Besides, my right kidney hurt and my bladder felt sinsitive. (I've had surgery on the right kidney as a child.) I stopped all meds, waited a few days to see if the pain got better. I went back to the doc. A urine test showed blood but no infection, so he had me go for an open system MRI. His thought was I could have or had passed a kidney stone. The test showed my kidney was clear but I have gall stones. He is going to set me up with a surgeon to remove the gall bladder. I did wake up one night just before this sinus thing took hold with sharp contractions between my rib cage. I thought it was something I ate. The contractions lasted about 30 min. then went away. So maybe it was a gall stone I passed. I go back to the docs next week.
Yes, Dawn, I had thought you had forgotten me. I have talked to Gary a couple of times when I have called.
Great news on Nathan's engagement. That will mean more gr.kids in the future.
Cathy, I am undicided on your front door. I would wait a while before you decide. You can always paint it later. Drive around and look at other doors in the neighborhood before you decide.

CATHY said...

Gee sorry to hear about your illness. I had gallstones too, in fact, i still have my gallbladder. Haven't had problems with it since 1987. I guess my day will come.BTW...I painted my door, it looks great. Will post pics as soon as I get the trim done.
But thanx for your input.

CATHY said...

Send me a pic of your sage and beige room and the size of the bed and I will start planning a project. I think I will make one for Helen too. That way you will always have something to remember me by...if I go first :)

CATHY said...

Would love to me you for dinner. I am only 15 to 20 min away from Stockton. Let me know when and what time...oh yea, and where?