Friday, January 27, 2017

service repairmen

Recently I called the service department of a place where I had purchased my dishwasher, 6 years ago.  I told them it was making a noise and the arm wasn't spinning. I asked if there was something simple I could try first before having to pay a service call. They said no. It was most likely the pump as that is a common problem. I said I'd call back. I googled the problem and followed what a guy said to try. It worked. The arm had become partly unhooked so I snapped it back into place.

Today my refrigerator started making the sound of an air raid.  I unplugged it and called a service dept. from where I purchased it, maybe 7 years ago. I explained the noise and  was told it would cost a service call to confirm what he suspected which was the evaporator fan would need to be replaced. Then it would naturally be the cost of the new fan plus another service call. I asked if there was something I could try first incase it wasn't what he thought. He said no, this was common with refrigerators. I said I'd call back. I googled it and followed what a guy said he did to fix the noise. IT WORKED! All I needed was my hair dryer. So far, so good. It has been working for several hours without the noise. I'm feeling really proud of myself.

2 comments:

CATHY said...

What would we do without Google???? Way to go! We need to live close to each other.

Jesea G said...

I wish we did live a lot closer.