Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Carpe Deim

Last Oct. I had a lymph node removed from my neck. The test showed I had SLL, which is lymphoma.It is also in the bone marrow. This type is indolent, slow growing. I went to Stanford for a second opinion, and was given the same results. Since this is slow growing, no treatment is needed at this point. They are doing "watchful waiting." Some people have this many years before chemo is needed. Stanford's guess was 4 to 7 years. I see an oncologist for blood work and check ups on a regular basis. It is frightening, of course, but I know the will of God will not take me to a place that the Grace of God can not protect me.
Each day is precious...Carpe Diem...or seize the day!

1 comment:

CATHY said...

I love how you ended this blog, so positive in the Lord...and so true!